Are you interested in getting involved with working with domestic and sexual violence survivors?
We are always looking for individuals to serve our programs through any and all means.
Currently we are in need of on site support in our Cameron facility with answering phones, answering the door, accepting donations, and providing support to our residential clients throughout the week and some weekends. If you have a few hours or a day a week that you can come get involved in our program we would love to have you join our team. Other ways to help is being a transporter for us or provide childcare for us during a support group. Childcare and transportation are often barriers for the survivors we serve as they move toward reaching their goals.
Please let us know if you are interested in getting involved by completing the application and/or contacting our program director, Tammy Taylor. You can email Tammy Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach her at 816-632-4900.
Other ways we need volunteers is through in kind donated services such as car repairs, a/c and heater repairs, plumbing, carpet cleaning, lawn care, snow removal, etc. We love to work with local boys and girl scout groups to help obtain service project patches and awards, we often look for power washing services near me 3750 FM 1488 Road, #7, The Woodlands, TX 77384 options some projects require a lot more cleaning.
Are you involved in a community group, consider doing a service project for our program or raising support through support drives such as gathering cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, paper goods, brand new pillows, towels, fans.
What requirements are there for volunteers?
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to pass criminal background check and family care registry
- We ask that volunteers commit to paying the up front cost of these background screens ($13.00 each) to show their commitment level and this can be reimbursed by our program following the completion of your training with our program.
- To register online for these two background checks: Missouri Criminal Record Check and Family Care Registry
- To print and fill out application forms you can click on these two links to download applications: Missouri criminal background check form and Family Care Registry Form
- Background checks can be our biggest time delay in getting volunteers started. We recommend doing the registry online to expedite the process and also to submit a copy of your registration once you receive an email or letter in return from 1 of the background providers
- We require 3 personal references on our application. We do send these references a form to complete about you so it is helpful if you include their mailing address on the application.
Is there training involved?
Yes, we provide all volunteers 48 hours of trauma informed care training and domestic and sexual violence training. Additionally, we have a monthly 2 hour training and team meeting for all volunteers.
How much time do I have to commit?
This is based on your desire to serve and availability. It could be monthly, weekly, daily, etc… you choose what you want to commit to our program. We are open and flexible to accommodating your willingness to give.
Did you know?
Having volunteers on site helps our advocate be able to respond to our non-residential survivors for services and also get residential survivors out to important appointments, court dates, and access resources. The agency also earns match money from our grant for volunteer hours worked.