How can I help?
The Green Hills Women’s Shelter depends on financial contributions to maintain many of our shelter services. The shelter is funded primarily through grants from our two major funding sources: The Department of Public Safety and The Missouri Department of Social Services. Our grants require us to earn our money through services we provide and donation matching.
Here is our current needs list at each shelter site:
There are many ways you can help your community by volunteering at a Green Hills Women’s Shelter!
- Sort donations
- Provide a listening ear to a client
- Provide transportation to client appointments, school activities, places of employment
- Answer our hotline
- Answer the door
- Provide a clean environment for our clients
- Organize a work team to update our facility needs
- Complete yard work and maintenance up keep
- Share your skills by teaching them to others
- Lead a support group
- Provide child care
Monetary/ In-Kind Donations:
As a private, non-profit organization, your donations are very important to us! Every penny truly does count in the struggle against domestic violence and sexual assault. A donation to GHWS stays local – helps local families fighting personal battles to stand tall and make it on their own – to become self-sufficient! As a donor, you may be interested in our 50% tax credit program, please visit this page for more information.